Monday, June 27, 2011

DIGITAL GALAXY DG-852

I just got my dg-852 in the mail today. Ordered it off ebay from digital galaxy. got it under 4 days. Under 4 days from china is never heard of. And they have the best customer service ever. When they are open i send a email to them with a question and get a reply in under 6 mins, rember they are about 11 hrs ahead of us. so arround 6 or 7 our time i think that they open.



I was worried that the through distance would be to far or it would not really be as bright as it was listed. But let me be the first to tell you it aint. i got a 110" image from under 10' away. That is great. I have had several projectors name brand that were smaller but i did not have engouf room to get the size that i wanted. I got myne for $314.00 includeing 2 day dhl shipping fut dhl dont delever to my area so when they get it to the us it is handed over to the post office and they bring it to me. But even at that i got it supper fast. if you live in a bigger city you will probley get it in 2 days.

Of course it is best at night with the lights off but i can see it great with the lights on and my door and windows open in the middle of the day. I use it as my main tv in my liveing room. day and night. And got my plasma in the bedroom. I plan or ordering a mount and about four bulbs from them soon. If you email them from there websight they will give you a good deal on them. the more you buy the better deal you get. They will sell me four bulbs and a mount plus shipping arroung $80 or so. That will last me till time to upgrade projector. over 5 years but i know that i will be the first to buy the next modle.

I read some concerns about the fan noise. It is normal not to loud at all. i compare it to the other projector that i had. on full power not eco mode. It dont bother me at all.
I got it with the tv tuner, It works but i will never use it. run everything through the rca. It looks like it will be easy to take apart and get the part to fix it if i ever need to. And they will help you with anything that you need. It comes with a one year warintey. I may buy a square trade warintey dont know i still have a month to deceide.

But bottom line This is worth it. I will keep you updated over the months to let you know if i ever have any problems.


Projection System lcd
Control Panel Manual and Remote Control
Resolution 800*600Pixels
Brightness 2500lumens
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Aspect Ratio 4:3 and 16:9
Projection Lens Manual Focus
Lamp Life 5000 hours in average
Color Palette 16.7 million colors
Projection Position Front
Projection Distance 1.76-5.51 m
Image Size 50"-150" in diagonal
RGB Signal VGA(640x480)
Video Signal PAL,NTSC
Audio 2 built-in speakers
Terminals(Input) VGA,S-video,Video,Audio,Y/Pb/Pr,TV(optional)
Color Silver with Black
Dimension 320mm(L)x249mm(W)x95mm(H)
Weight 4.3kg
Power Supply 90-240V,AC at 50/60HZ
Power Consumption 220watts
On-Screen Languages English/Chinese/German/Franch/Italy/Russian/Spanish
Accessories IR Remote Controlx1,AV Connecting Cables,Lens cap,User's manual


(1) Signal compatibility:
S-Video (TV), VGA (PC), Video, Audio input and output ,
Y/PB/PR (FOR HD Ready), and can make the picture biger (on 4:3 condition )
(2) Keystone correction, the picture aspect ratio can switch from 16:9 to 4:3.
(3) OSD screen display function
(4) The fans continue to work after the projector is turned off
(lasting for 10 minutes so as to prolong the lamp life?)
(5) Alarm protection function in case of excessive heat
(6) Alarm function when sole heat-exhausting fan does not work
(7) Entire remote operation
(8) Manual focus adjustment 

Video : 



Keyword search : Digital galaxy, DG-852, DG852, Digital Galaxy DG-852.

2 comments: